ShareMedia is a photo manager based on Eclipse RCP. (open source / EPL)
Main features are :
- Automatic file management (like in iTunes)
- Sort and search using photos metadata
- Standard and OpenGL photo viewers
- Connect to Picasa, Jabber and Flickr (alpha) to share files
- Ability to copy files between 2 accounts (Picasa/Picasa, Picasa/Flickr, Picasa/local files)
- Plug-ins support (like all RCP applications)
- much more…
This new release (0.3.2) includes :
- Integrated intro content with tutorials and usefull links
- SWT Animation Toolkit is now used to provide nice UI effects
- Better error checking for password
- Several bug fixes on the OpenGL viewer
Used libraries : SWT, RCP, Nebula widgets, LWJGL, DerbyDB, SmackAPI, Drew Noakes’s metadata Extractor, GData, FlickrAPI, SAT.
Part 1 : Connect to a Picasa account, 3D and 2D fullscreen display
Part 2 : Download and upload photo, see metadata, create album and intelligent lists.
For the next release, I’m looking for some Java feedback. If you’re a Java developer and you already worked on the following topics, please drop a comment here.
- Writing EXIF / IPTC tags. (ShareMedia only have read support right now)
- Working with videos (creating thumbnails, playing in a SWT UI or OpenGL Canvas).